TUPE, Redundancy and Reorganising Your Workforce
Will’s wide-ranging experience in the law of work allows him to bring a broader range of commercial experiences to many areas of his work.
The unique combination of his experiences often means that Will adds the greatest value to change projects or when Will is asked to help employers reshape their workforce whether as result of merger, acquisition, redundancies or relocations.
“Will was our principal legal advisor for over 15 years. He is our employment law specialist and also advises on business strategy, commercial and reputational matters. He has been an absolutely essential part of our success over the years. From my point of view his main strengths are: rising to major challenges; creativity and resourcefulness and last but not least, loyalty and integrity.”
Chief Executive, National Charity
TUPE is a particular strong point of Will’s practice, particularly service provision change transfers having been involved as the successful advocate at both the Tribunal and Appeal stages of one of the UK’s leading cases in that area.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the integration and harmonization of employment terms across two substantial central London financial services businesses;
- Advising a dairy food business on the closure of one factory and the successful relocation of the workforce to another facility more than 10 miles away;
- Advising a world leading polymer technology business on the successful implementation of a collective redundancy exercise, involving 100+ staff;
- Advising several SME businesses through collective redundancies and contract changes;
- Advising charities on either the application or avoidance of service provision change transfers where there are changes in activities proposed by the new providers;
- Guiding the HR team of a lift and escalator business as it implemented a vertical reorganization of its workforce, reporting lines and costs centres throughout the UK.
If you are involved in a difficult employment tribunal dispute and need expert advice and representation, contact Will today to find out how he can help.